What broker is the best online stock broker? In this article, we are going to take a look at all trading platforms we have reviewed and talk about which one we think is the best online stock broker.
What you need to know
- We are unbiased in all our reviews and only recommend options that offer top of the market trading platforms for online stock trading.
- All online stock brokers listed here are regulated by the FCA and CySEC.
- Most stock brokers that we list on our website is offering stocks through CFDs. If you don’t know what CFD (contract for difference) means learn here.
The best online stock broker is…
There is no correct answer to this question, it depends a lot on what you are looking for. Our recommendation is that you do extensive research about all stockbrokers before you sign up. Don’t just blindly trust us, read more reviews and visit all brokers yourself. This way you will be able to make an educated decision.
Let’s start by looking at our top 3 recommendations
1. Plus500 for trading stocks online
Whats so great about the Plus500 stock trading platform is that its cutting-edge technology and still very easy to use, even I have managed to set up an account and traded stocks with them.
Though that’s not the main reason why they are #1 in this article, they offer a massive amount of stocks. In fact, they are offering a lot more stocks for trading than their competitors. With Plus500, you will be able to trade almost anything.
2. eToro is another great stockbroker
The primary reason for listing eToro is their great trading platform and their social trading (copy trading) functions. If you trade with eToro you can follow other and more experienced traders. If they earn, you earn.
In terms of the number of stocks offered by this broker, well, they offer an OK amount of stocks. Something along the lines of 600 different and tradeable stocks.
- Assets: 600+
- Demo account: Yes, this stockbroker offers a free demo account.
- Sign up here.
- eToro review.
3. IQ option might not be specialised in stocks but they offer an amazing trading platform
Alright so let’s be clear about one thing, IQ Option offers a quite limited amount of stocks, about 100+ stocks are available. Though our reason for recommending this broker for stocks is their platform, IQ Option is a lot better than all competitors. Don’t believe us? Just head over to IQ option and see what we are talking about.
- Assets: 130+
- Demo account: Yes, yes, yes! They offer the best demo account.
- Sign up here.
- IQ Option review.
Ranking the best online stock brokers
How do we rank the brokers on our website? If you read our reviews you will get a really good understanding of what we look at, but let’s try to summarize it here too.
- Safety and regulation – This is our main concern, is the broker regulated and safe to trade with?
- Platform – How well does the platform perform? Do they offer an app?
- Fees, obviously another interesting factor. What will you be charged when trading?
- Demo accounts – Do the stockbroker offer a free demo account?
- Assets – How many assets can you trade with the broker?
These are some of the most important aspects that we evaluate before listing a stockbroker on our website. For details on how each and every broker performs please read out full reviews. We also recommend reading the reviews before signing up with any broker.
On our site you will also find: