BM’s daily business update provides you with a daily dose of headlines from the past 24 hours. Get a quick overview of what has happened and what could happen in the global markets to prepare yourself for the day. Subscribe to our push notifications down in the left corner to receive this and many other updates directly to your device of preference.
Find the best trading platform. You capital is at risk when trading. Be careful.Want to get notified? Get our daily market report every morning by accepting push notifications or press the push notifications icon in the left corner. Looking to start trading? Find the best CFD broker, forex broker or stockbroker. Create free demo account with Markets.com
Markets and Indices
The American stock market extended its losses yesterday, and the Dow Jones briefly entered into correctional territory.
- The S&P 500 dropped 17.44 points (0.66 percent).
- The Nasdaq Composite dropped 116.92 points (1.63 percent).
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average dropped 245.39 points (0.99 percent) mostly dragged down by Boeing.
- Boeing fell 6.6 percent during Monday trading, marking the worst intraday since February 2016. This happened despite the fact that Boeing opened the day higher.
- Amazon has dropped 14 percent in two days after having reported disappointing numbers on Thursday. In total, the company shares are down 23 percent in the past month alone.
- Walmart is preparing for their best holiday season yet and is working on implementing a new checkout system that will speed up the shopping experience for their customers.
- We are preparing for a day full of major company reports and potentially a lot of trading opportunities.
According to our Elliott Wave analysis, the EUR/USD’s bear trend that was initiated in September is about to turn and a bull market is up ahead.
Brent oil is dipping due to a weakening stock market as well as an increasingly global supply of oil.
The cryptocurrency market took a hit on Monday and we saw more volatility than in weeks.
Find the best trading platform. You capital is at risk when trading. Be careful.