BM’s daily business update provides you with a daily dose of headlines from the past 24 hours. Get a quick overview of what has happened and what could happen in the global markets to prepare yourself for the day. Subscribe to our push notifications down in the left corner to receive this and many other updates directly to your device of preference.
Find the best trading platform. You capital is at risk when trading. Be careful.Want to get notified? Get our daily market report every morning by accepting push notifications or press the push notifications icon in the left corner. Looking to start trading? Find the best CFD broker, forex broker or stockbroker. Create free demo account with Markets.com
Markets and Index
Last week turned out to be an okay week on the American stock market with decent gains. By the looks of it, we’ve made it out of September, which historically is the worst month for the market, and is now getting ready to reach new heights. Despite that, the week ended with losses.
- The S&P 500 dropped 16.04 points (0.55 percent).
- The Nasdaq Composite dropped 91.06 points (1.16 percent).
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average dropped 180.43 points (0.68 percent)
- Elastic, a new search company with the potential of competing with giants such as Amazon, saw its stock almost double during its first trading day on the NYSE this Friday.
- Snap shares continued dipping on Friday after CEO announced that he wants the company to be profitable in 2019.
We have a range of company reports to keep an eye on this week with Friday being one of the most interesting, especially for the banking industry. JP Morgan Chase, Wells Fargo, and Citigroup are all publishing Q3 2018 Earnings Reports on Friday.
- USD/EUR is slipping as the greenback takes a steadier position for the upcoming week. The EUR is also set to continue its downward trend.
- GBP/JPY has initiated a bullish trend with lots of potential.
Brent oil dropped after the US government announced that they may grant waivers on the sanctions planned for Iran next month.
We’ve only seen modest development on the cryptocurrency market over the weekend and signs that the market is stabilizing.
- Bitcoin is trading horizontal and is up 0.01 percent since yesterday.
- Ethereum has fallen by 0.05 percent since Sunday.
- XRP is up 1.42 percent since yesterday morning.
The top gainers this past day are Noah Coin, 0x and Tron while the biggest losers are DigixDAO, Reddcoin, and Steem.
Find the best trading platform. You capital is at risk when trading. Be careful.