BM’s daily business update provides you with a daily dose of headlines from the past 24 hours. Get a quick overview of what has happened and what could happen in the global markets to prepare yourself for the day. Subscribe to our push notifications down in the left corner to receive this and many other updates directly to your device of preference.
Find the best trading platform. You capital is at risk when trading. Be careful.Want to get notified? Get our daily market report every morning by accepting push notifications or press the push notifications icon in the left corner. Looking to start trading? Find the best CFD broker, forex broker or stockbroker. Create free demo account with Markets.com
Market and Index
Yesterday, we saw mixed results on the American stock market with some indices closing above opening and some closing below. What they all had in common is that they dropped significantly until lunch, before they turned back up again.
- The S&P 500 closed 1.14 points below opening (0.04 percent),
- The Nasdaq Composite closed 52.50 points below opening (0.67 percent).
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average closed 39.73 points over opening (0.15 percent).
- Google is hosting a press conference in NYC later today and is expected to announce a range of new products. Among the new gadgets, we can expect to see the new Pixel 3, Pixel 3 XL, Home Hub and Pixel Slate tablet. As per usual Google is said to have a few surprises up their sleeve.
- Papa John’s shares surged after news that Trian, a major stakeholder in Wendy’s, are interested in buying the Pizza chain. Papa John’s have been struggling lately and a new investor would be able to save the company.
Based on recent Elliott Wave patterns it seems like EUR/USD has reached levels indicating that a bull run is just around the corner. In fact, the currency pair is about to initiate the C wave of an upwards A – B – C pattern.
- Iran’s crude exports are falling which is pushing up the price of crude significantly.
- Gold has been inching higher for the past couple of trading sessions, while some experts claim that we’re about to reach a cap and that short sellers should get prepared.
On Tuesday, IBM and French-based Carrefour announced a partnership revolving a blockchain network for food tracking, further establishing IBM as one of the leading blockchain companies today.
Most of the market is trading in the green on Tuesday morning and the modest patterns from this weekend have continued.
- Bitcoin is currently up 1.02 percent since Monday morning trading just above $6,660.
- Ethereum is up 2.01 percent since Monday trading at $230.
- XRP is up 0.23 percent marking the smallest weekly development for all top three assets.
Top performers during the past 24 hours are Populous, Maker, and Noah Coin, and at the bottom of the spectrum we find Aurora, Eternal Coin, and TRON.
Find the best trading platform. You capital is at risk when trading. Be careful.