BM’s daily business update provides you with a daily dose of headlines from the past 24 hours. Get a quick overview of what has happened and what could happen in the global markets to prepare yourself for the day. Subscribe to our push notifications down in the left corner to receive this and many other updates directly to your device of preference.
Find the best trading platform. You capital is at risk when trading. Be careful.Want to get notified? Get our daily market report every morning by accepting push notifications or press the push notifications icon in the left corner. Looking to start trading? Find the best CFD broker, forex broker or stockbroker. Create free demo account with Markets.com
Markets and Indices
After days of massive sell-offs, the major American indices recovered during Thursday trading. However, we are not out of the danger zone yet and futures are indicating that we can expect more sell-offs during Friday. The Dow Jones could drop as much as 300 points during this week’s last trading session.
- The S&P 500 climbed 49.47 points (1.86 percent).
- The Nasdaq Composite climbed 209.94 points (2.97 percent).
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 401.13 points (1.63 percent).
- Expedia stock soared by 8 percent after the company beat earnings per share predictions in the third quarter.
- Amazon’s AWS grew by 46 percent in the third quarter, although the company missed on overall revenue and the Amazon stock slipped.
- Airbnb has hired former Google employee as tech chief ahead of 2019 IPO, but they are still looking for a CFO to guide them through the process.
The EUR/USD downward trend remains dominant after the ECB announce that they are not hiking the interest rates.
Gold has failed to capitalize on the recent market meltdown which most likely indicates that investors still have confidence in the stock market.
To everyone’s surprise, the cryptocurrency market is still stable despite the sell-offs on the stock market. In fact, Thursday was another day of vertical trading for most major digital currencies and experts are desperately trying to calculate the market’s next move.
- Bitcoin down a mere 0.35 percent since yesterday.
- Ethereum is up 0.04 percent in the past 24 hours.
- XRP is up 0.19 percent since yesterday.
Find the best trading platform. You capital is at risk when trading. Be careful.