BM’s daily business update provides you with a daily dose of headlines from the past 24 hours. Get a quick overview of what has happened and what could happen in the global markets to prepare yourself for the day. Subscribe to our push notifications down in the left corner to receive this and many other updates directly to your device of preference.
Find the best trading platform. You capital is at risk when trading. Be careful.Want to get notified? Get our daily market report every morning by accepting push notifications or press the push notifications icon in the left corner. Looking to start trading? Find the best CFD broker, forex broker or stockbroker. Create free demo account with Markets.com
Markets and Indices
Last week ended with mixed results and Friday’s trading session followed the same patterns as we’d seen during the week.
- The S&P 500 traded mostly sideways falling 1 point (0.036 percent).
- The Nasdaq Composite fell 36.11 points (0.48 percent).
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average fluctuated a lot during the day and finished Friday with gains of 64.89 points (0.26 percent).
There is an investment conference planned in Saudi Arabia later this week. However, several high-profile people, including Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin, have decided to drop out after the controversial disappearance of journalist Jamal Khashoggi at the Saudi consulate in Istanbul.
- Venmo continued to push up PayPal shares during Friday after PayPal CEO announce that Venmo is finally about to start making the company money.
- The Chinese stock market rallied on Friday after a rough couple of days. On Monday, that rallied was extended and the market is now fully recovered from last week’s sell-off.
- All eyes are on GBP/USD as we enter a new trading week with Brexit deadlines just around the corner.
- In the meantime, EUR/USD is still falling but the chart is showing signs that an upwards breakout might be coming this week.
Oil is rising as we’re getting closer to next month’s Iran sanctions.
We have had quite a calm weekend on the cryptocurrency market with some decent gains on Saturday and mostly horizontal trading on Sunday.
- Bitcoin is down 0.08 percent since Sunday morning.
- Ethereum is down 0.62 percent during the same time period.
- XRP has lost 0.74 percent.
Find the best trading platform. You capital is at risk when trading. Be careful.