X-Trade Brokers, or XTB, is a leading CFD and forex broker for the European market. In fact, in 2018 XTB was one of the most awarded and popular brokers of them all, and for good reason.
We’re always excited to find brokers that dare to do things a little bit differently, and XTB is a great example of that.
With a unique combination of trading platforms, XTB is able to offer a trading experience like no other broker.
But there is more to XTB than their platforms, and we suggest you check out our XTB review below to find out more.
Is XTB a Scam or Is It a Safe Broker?
As always, we like to start our reviews off by clarifying whether a broke is safe and in that case why. Since we would never recommend an unsafe or unregulated broker, you can rest assured that XTB is in fact safe.
We are sure of this because of a few different reasons, but there is one specific reason that is more important than the others. You see, XTB, like all other brokers we recommend, is fully regulated, authorized, and licensed to offer the type of service they provide. In this case, XTB is regulated by the Financial Conduct Service (FCA) in the United Kingdom as well as similar organizations in Poland, Belize, and Spain.
A legitimate license is optimal proof that a broker is safe to use, and to answer the question, no XTB is not a scam.
XTB’s Trading Platform
We already mentioned that XTB’s platforms are slightly different from other brokers so let us take a closer look at what exactly sets this broker apart from the rest of the market.
The main platform that XTB offers is the MetaTrader 4, which is sort of the industry standard among forex brokers, but that is not what makes XTB unique.
The MetaTrader 4 is a desktop platform that you can download to your PC or Mac to trade forex. However, if you would rather trade CFDs, you need to use another platform with support for those specific instruments.
In this case, XTB provides a platform called xStation 5. The platform has won several awards for its easy-to-use and innovative functionality, and it’s one of few platforms out there that can compete with MetaQuotes’ products.
xStation 5 can either be used as a web-based platform that you access through your browser, or as a desktop platform downloaded to your computer. In comparison, the
webtrader version is a bit limited in terms of features, and we suggest you use the downloaded version when you can.
XTB App: Mobile Trading
xStation has also been adjusted to fit the mobile market, and you can download the XTB app to your Android, iOS, or Windows phone and bring XTB with you wherever you go. Trading on the XTB mobile app is easy, and all you need is a smartphone or tablet as well as stable internet connection. xStation mobile gives you access to more than 3,000 instruments spread across multiple classes.
XTB Financial Instruments and Assets
- Forex – Currency trading is the main focus of this broker, and with an XTB account, you can invest in over 50 currency pairs. XTB forex trading provides cashback on your positions as well as highly competitive spreads.
- Indices – Use the xStation 5 to trade with 20 of the world’s most influential equity indices. This feature comes with great spreads and a free Guaranteed Stop-Loss to help protect you from unnecessary losses.
- Commodities – Trade with metals and energies using your XTB account and benefit from some of the largest markets in the world. Gold, crude oil, natural gas, and more.
- Stocks – XTB offers the opportunity to trade stocks as CFDs or using Direct Market Access (DMA). There are more than 1,500 stocks to invest in, and you can easily short sell and take advantage of dividends and more. There is also a winde range of ETFs that you can trade with.
- Cryptocurrencies – Trade Bitcoin, Dash, Ripple, Litecoin, and Ethereum as CFDs and benefit from the newest and most volatile market in the world. Cryptocurrencies generally offer great opportunities and even more so as CFDs.
Registering an account with XTB is easy, and you have two options. You can either open a Standard account or a Pro account.
Both XTB account types give you access to the MetaTrader 4 and xStation 5 as well as leveraged trading, mobile trading, all of the above-mentioned markets, and much more. The Pro account is obviously better suited for experienced traders, but both versions are more than enough to get you started on your path to success.
XTB Demo Accounts
To give yourself an advantage over other traders and the chance to test the XTB platforms we recommend you open an XTB Demo account. The free and zero-risk account can be used with the MT4 and xStation, and it is a great way to gain experience and practice trading strategies.
Payment Methods: Deposits and Withdrawals
Before you can start trading with XTB, you need to fund your account. To do this you open your account, visit the “deposits” tab, and choose one of the following options.
- Bank Transfer – Perform a regular transfer from your account to XTB.
- Credit or Debit card – You can use a Visa, Mastercard or Maestro to deposit money.
- Internet Payments – Skrill (formerly PaySafe) and SafetyPay are two online payment methods offered by XTB.
XTB’s Customer Service
X-Trade’s main office is located in Belize if you would ever need to visit them in person or send them mail, but there are easier ways to contact XTB.
In the bottom right corner on every page at XTB.com, you will find a window that will open a live chat feature and put you in contact with the XTB customer service. This is the easiest way to contact XTB.
You can also opt to email them at [email protected] or call them at +48 222 739 976 (Mon-Fri 24 hours a day).
XTB Review – Final Words
XTB has been recognized for their excellent service since the broker was launched a few years ago and they are on track to perform even better in the future.
This broker is perfect for you if you like the stability and familiarity of trading on the MT4 but still want the possibility of using a unique and great platform for your CFD trading. In fact, XTB’s xStation 5 is one of the more fun trading platforms on the market.