AvaTrade is your complete solution for everything related to forex and CFD trading online. The broker’s headquarters are located in Dublin. Due to their focus on CFDs, you can use AvaTrade to trade stocks, indices, cryptocurrencies, ETFs, and more commodities.
AvaTrade was first launched under the name Ava FX back in 2006 and was operating as a forex broker for several years. They have since upgraded their product to also include CFD. Their goal has always been to offer a customer-oriented product and at that they excel.
According to data from 2013, AvaTrade has more than 200,000 customers that perform 2 million trades a month. Impressive numbers if you ask us.Create an account at AvaTrade
Is AvaTrade a Scam?
No, AvaTrade has been run as a serious business for more than 11 years, and they have always managed to maintain a great reputation in the industry, both among customers and competitors. In our opinion, the several hundred thousand satisfied customers they’ve served over the years is the only evidence we need to know they are a trustworthy broker.
AvaTrade’s biggest market is the European Union but they also provide trading in Asia and the Middle East with local offices spread out from Dublin, Ireland to Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia. Additionally, AvaTrade is allowed to offer their services to both the American and Japanese market, two of the world’s strictest markets, especially related to forex and CFD trading.
AvaTrade Trading Platforms
Unlike many online traders, AvaTrade provides a large selection of platforms in order to satisfy as many customers as possible. The main platform is the classical MetaTrader 4, but they offer several practical add-ons and proprietary platforms as well.
AvaTrade on Your Smartphone
In order to keep up with recent technological advances, AvaTrade offers two separate apps for mobile trading. One is the mobile version of MetaTrader 4 and the other is a mobile version of their own platform.
MetaTrader 4 mobile can be downloaded to both Android and iOS and can be used to handle ongoing trades and analytic work.
AvaTradeGo is the mobile version of AvaTrade’s platform. With this app on your phone or tablet, you gain access to over 200 underlying assets. In our opinion, this is one of the best mobile trading apps on the market right now.
Open an Account with AvaTrader
When opening an account with AvaTrade you have two options. You either open a regular trading account and start trading with real money on one of the platforms, or you open an AvaTrade demo account and test the platforms first.
AvaTrade was first launched as a forex broker in 2006, but nowadays they also offer CFDs and options in most markets. There are over 250 underlying assets to invest your money in with AvaTrade. In order to give you an idea of what they offer we have listed the available assets, split into two categories: currencies and CFDs.
- Currency – With an AvaTrade account you can invest in 50 of the world’s most popular currency pairs. The selection consists of big players such as the American dollar (USD) and euro (EUR), but also smaller currencies such as the Swedish krona (SEK) and Mexican peso (MXN). AvaTrade also offers leverage and educational material for both beginners and experienced traders.
- Cryptocurrencies – The latest addition to AvaTrade’s trading product are cryptocurrencies. The selection is quite impressive compared to other brokers, and you can choose between Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Ethereum (ether), Ripple, Dash, Litecoin, Monero, and NEO.
- CFDs – Contract for Difference is a speculative form of investment where your job is to predict how the value of an underlying asset will move. The following assets can be bought as CFDs on AvaTrade’s platforms.
- Stocks – Some of the world’s largest companies are available, among them you’ll find Apple, Google, Microsoft, Samsung, and Barclays.
- Index – An index is a collection of stocks that are traded together. Two of the most well-known indices are S&P 500 and NASDAQ, and both of them are available with AvaTrade.
- Exchange-traded Funds (ETFs) – ETFs are a collection of assets traded at the same price. It is an interesting way of trading and one of the benefits with an AvaTrade trading account.
- Commodities – You can trade commodities such as gold, crude oil, coffee, and silver on AvaTrade’s platforms.
- Bonds – Bond trading is a favourite among many older traders and something that is available through both MetaTrader 4 and the AvaTradeAct platform.
- Options – Options is also a part of AvaTrade’s selection of assets. Options trading, just like CFD trading, is a speculative form of trading with shorter closing times.
AvaTrade License and Regulation
In Europe, AvaTrade is regulated by Ireland’s central bank under reference number C53877. They also have a license from B.V.I Financial Services Commission (British Virgin Islands), Australia’s financial authority (ASIC number 406684), South Africa’s financial authority (FSP no. 445984), and two separate authorities in Japan with license number 1662 and 1574.
AvaTrade Payment Methods
European traders can use the following two methods to deposit money into their trading accounts.
Credit and debit cards – (Visa, Mastercard, etc.)
Bank transfer – From your bank account to your trading account
AvaTrade also works with payment services such as PayPal, Neteller, and Skrill but according to their website, these services are not available to European and American traders. It seems strange to us and we recommend that you double check availability for your country.
AvaTrade Customer Service
Getting in contact with AvaTrade’s customer service is a breeze and you can expect to get personalized help from trading professionals. The customer service is available 24/5 but we have heard rumors that they are about to start offering help 24/7 since cryptocurrencies can be traded around the clock.
To contact AvaTrade you can either fill in a contact form on their website or you can call them on one of their many international phone numbers.