Capital.com was launched in 2016 and is owned by Capital Com SV Investments Limited. It is primarily a CFD broker, but it also provides a bespoke investment platform for traders throughout the world.
It is driven by artificial intelligence, that not only helps you trade CFDs, but produces a personalised Smartfeed to provide relevant and recent market news. There is also an app provided called Investmate, which provides courses, training, definitions, and videos.
Traders have access to a huge range of markets, including forex currency pairs, commodities, major stock indices, cryptocurrencies, and global stocks.
Unfortunately, it does not offer any choice of account type, but there is a low minimum deposit, and traders can access and trade via a mobile app or the web platform itself. It is also registered and regulated by Cysec, so it can be presumed that it is legitimately trading. However, there is no Capital.com demo account available so that you can try out the site and its offerings.
Customer service is provided 24/7 via chat and phone support, and email is responded to quickly. It seems like an interesting option but read on in this Capital.com Review to find out more.
Find the best trading platform. You capital is at risk when trading. Be careful.
Before we dive into the review of capital.com we want to present a short overview for clients looking for key information.
- Awarded best forex trading app 2018 by Forex Awards
- Offers an FCA regulated and CySEC regulated products.
- Offers no demo account but does offer a decent amount of education.
- Zero commission and very competitive spreads.
- Trading platform available on an app, find it on google play or Apple app store. Trading apps run smooth.
- Mentions on sites like TheGuardian and Business Insider.
- Most common payment methods available.
Is Capital.com a scam? Is Capital.com Regulated?
Capital.com appears to be legitimate, and there are very few negative comments or complaints to be found online. Aside from correct registration and regulation, they offer information on their contact addresses, and the website is completely transparent. Traders wanting to trade a wide range of equities using a smartphone app may well want to take a closer look. Capital does not offer currency trading, but they do provide a variety of exciting trading opportunities, together with leverage up to 1:50. The business seems to target less experienced traders with some great learning tools, the app Investmate, and an educational suite.
However, there are also numerous analytical tools for seasoned traders, and the app’s design is user-friendly and intuitive. There is also a Loyalty Rewards scheme, which rewards on a points-based system, for traders that have volume trading requirements. Although there are no red flags pointing towards a Capital.com scam, traders should be a little careful as there is no demo account. There are plenty of Forex trading brokers and trading platforms to choose from, so be sure to take your time to research, and select one that fits your needs perfectly.
Stay safe when choosing a broker, there are many scammers out there.
- Never trade with an unregulated broker, there is plenty of regulated options.
- Always read around on forums, social media, and reviews to hear what people are saying about the broker.
- Always try to use the demo account before you deposit real money, you will get a feel of the product. Is the broker serious?
- Never risk more money then what you can afford to lose, trading is associated with high risk.
- Have a look at the best stock trading apps out there and make sure you pick a regulated alternative.
Alternatives To Capital.com
For those still searching, there are some good alternatives to Capital.com. Check out our Libertex review and read about a trading platform which provides brokerage services for investments, and has won a large market worldwide. A Cysec regulated broker, they also use a web-based platform and provide a mobile app. Traders can choose from 6 different assets and 2 different trading accounts. Another option is Markets.com, founded in 2008 and also regulated by Cysec and FSCA. With multiple awards, it also offers multiple platforms, including Markets WebTrader, Markets Mobile, MT4 and MT5. Read our reviews and look for customer feedback before investing any of your hard earned cash!
A demo account is great for a variety of reasons. Perhaps the two most important reasons is that
1) It lets you try out the trading platform before you make a deposit. This is a very important factor for us, see the quality of the trading platform today varies a lot. Particularly for the brokers who have developed their own platforms. If it is an MT4 or MT5 (Meta Trader 4 or Meta Trader 5) platform then it matters less of course since we know these are of high quality.
2) It is a great opportunity for beginners who are interested in trying out strategies, and who are keen on improving their trading skills.
Unfortunately, the Capital.com demo account is currently not available.