IG Markets is a broker focused on forex (currency trading), stocks as CFDs, and a few smaller financial instruments. Since 2014 they have officially been called IG Group. The broker is operated by a British company that’s been traded on the London Stock Exchange for several years and they are proud to offer access to more than 15,000 markets.
IG Markets is regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
With an IG Markets trading account, you gain access to some of the industry’s most innovative products including the MetaTrader 4 platform and a demo account with 10,000 virtual dollars.Create Account at IG Markets!
Is IG Markets a Scam?
No, we are certain that IG Group the company that operates IG Markets is not a scam. The company is regulated by the financial authority in England and they are also noted on the FTSE 250 list, meaning they are one of the largest and most influential companies in the UK. In fact, IG Markets has a good reputation and around 200,000 active customers around the globe.
One aspect that sets IG Markets apart from many other brokers is that they have been around for more than 40 years, and started offering trading opportunities before the internet even existed. IG Markets also offers products to the American market through a binary options broker called Nadex.
IG Markets Trading Platforms
IG Markets has put a lot of effort into developing a service that fits all sorts of traders with different needs. Their main product is the renowned MetaTrader 4 platform and they also offer a web-based version of that platform. IG Markets also offers tools for mobile trading and analytic work.
IG Markets On Your Smartphone
It’s obvious that IG Markets has put an effort into offering a good mobile product. However, they recently dismissed their application for Windows phones, and since then the selection has become somewhat more limited.
Android – If you have an Android smartphone or tablet you can download IG Markets free trading app. With the app, you can trade CFD wherever you are and keep an eye on your ongoing trades even when you don’t have access to your computer. The applications can also be used to set trading signals that can be delivered as notifications, text messages, or through email.
iPhone/iPad – IG Markets mobile trading applications for Apple products is one of the most award-winning apps in the industry. In 2014, the mobile app was awarded “Best Trading App of The Year” in two separate competitions. Just like the Android version, the iOS trading app can be used to trade CFDs wherever you are and it can be used for analytic preparations.
IG Markets Trading Account
IG Markets account system is easy. You can choose between a traditional trading account that gives you direct access to all the markets and the option to trade for real money. Otherwise, you can open an IG Markets demo account and start trading using virtual money without risk.
IG Markets Financial Instruments
As we already mentioned, a trading account with IG Markets will get you access to 15,000 different markets or 15,000 derivatives to trade with. Their main focus is forex and CFD trading but they also offer alternative instruments such as cryptocurrencies.
- Forex – IG Markets provides more than 100 of the world’s most popular and lucrative currency pairs. The forex market is available all day from Sunday evening, in Europe, to late Friday night. IG Group has put a lot of effort into developing a forex product that you can rely on. Their goal is to make forex trading as easy as possible for beginners as well as professional traders.
- CFD – CFD trading with IG Markets is a flexible way of trading on different markets without actually buying the securities. We love CFD trading and think that IG Markets offers one of the better products on the market. The advantage with CFD trading is that it can be used on both bullish and bearish markets, hence creating twice as many opportunities than say, for example, traditional stock trading.
- Stocks – IG Markets gives their customers access to more than 7,500 of the world’s biggest stocks in the form of CFDs. This means that you can trade stocks with IG Markets, however, not on the actual stock exchanges. Instead, you buy them as CFDs.
- Indices – Just like stocks, IG Markets also offers some of the most popular indices in the world. Examples of the available indices include The Dow Jones, S&P 500, and FTSE 250.
- Cryptocurrencies – Today, both Bitcoin and Ethereum are a part of IG Markets ever-growing selection of financial instruments. With an IG Markets trading account you can trade Bitcoin and Ether as CFDs and as currency pairs.
- Commodities – A part of IG Markets selection of CFDs includes 26 commodities. This is an exciting financial instrument that requires a good understanding of the international markets. Luckily, IG Markets has made it as easy as possible to trade commodities.
Nadex: IG Group on the American Market
A unique aspect of IG Group is that they offer trading opportunities for American traders. In 2007, IG Group acquired HedgeSteet which developed Nadex, and since then they offer binary options trading on the American market. In fact, the American market is one of the strictest in the world and also one of the hardest to get regulated for, which makes it even more impressive that Nadex is one of leading brokers in the United States. Nadex is regulated and authorized by the Commodity Futures Trading Commission.
IG Markets License and Regulation
IG Group is mainly regulated and authorized by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) in the UK with reference number 195355. The FCA is a very strict authority that gives IG Markets the right to offer financial services in most of Europe and other parts of the world. A license from FCA means that all their customers are protected if anything would happen to the broker.
IG Markets Payment Methods
When it’s time for you to deposit money into your trading account you have three options:
Bank Transfer – You can perform a regular bank transfer from your bank account to IG Markets.
Credit or debit card – You can also use your bank card to deposit money into your trading account. Visa, Mastercard, Maestro, and Electron are accepted.
PayPal – Nowadays, you can use PayPal to deposit and withdraw money to and from your trading account. In our opinion, this is the most practical option.
IG Markets Customer Service
IG Markets customer service is exceptional when it works. Unfortunately, we have tried using their live chat on several occasions and it has been canceled before we reach anyone.
Depending on where you reside and what language you speak you can either contact IG Markets English speaking office or one of their local offices. The contact is done by live chat or over the phone (0800 4096789). You can also send an email to support or fill in the contact form on their website.
The support team is knowledgeable and professional, but unfortunately, their live chat is not the best and there is usually long waiting times over the phone.